General English (GE)
- Group lessons
- maximum 15 students per class.
- Available for 15, 20, 25 and 30 hours per week.
Our general English lessons follow a 5 level syllabus and our teachers will help you to improve your speaking, listening, reading and writing skills in English. Our teachers also try to make it fun to learn English at IH Manchester.
- IELTS and Cambridge exam preparation lessons, part of a General English GE20, GE25 or GE30 course
- available in the afternoon
- help students to improve their reading, writing, listening and speaking skills in order to equip them with the skills, techniques and strategies they need for all exam questions and tasks.
- Attention paid to using accurate and varied grammatical structures
- a wide range of vocabulary and work on pronunciation with plenty of practice which helps to develop spoken fluency.
- Combine general English lessons with an unpaid work experience placement at a local Manchester charity.
- 15 hours of General English in the mornings and
- work experience in a local charity shop in the afternoons. Minimum 8 week courses.
For volunteering, a student’s role will depend on his or her experience and English language level but everyone will be trained to work on the till, give advice to customers and work as part of a team and independently creating displays and processing donations.
Students can focus on their specific personal, professional or educational needs in one to one lessons. Students can also choose to combine general English group lessons with some additional individual lessons.
IH Manchester Football Academy provides professional football coaching and scouting opportunities all year round
English language lessons every morning and professional football training each afternoon.
This course gives students the chance to dedicate themselves full time to developing their football skills, showcasing their talent to professional clubs and continuing their education.